Saturday, July 3, 2010

Goodness

      In a conversation my son and I had a while ago, he said it's strange that so many people talk about how good they are because they work hard, don't cheat on their spouses or do drugs.  He said those things should be taken for granted.  Isn't Google's motto "Don't Be Evil"?  That's great for a corporation--in fact, I wish it were the motto of every corporation on the planet.  From individuals, though, we should ask a bit more.  To be good, we need  to do good.   It doesn't have to be big things.  My neighbor sends me get-well cards regularly.  My husband helps tutor a friend's child in math.  My daughter cut off ten inches of hair to send to Locks of Love.  My granddaughter, unasked, brought a cushion to prop my leg on.  Our ancestors did great and glorious good works to build this country.  We can honor them by doing small and simple glorious good works for those around us.  Happy Independence Day--and be good.

1 comment: