Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Small and Simple Things

 Since I've been laid up, I've spent a lot of time crocheting (and a little time knitting.)  As my husband says, "That's a lot of slip knots."  Those slip knots turn into a wide variety of objects:
Toys
Accessories
Baby Blankets
Afghans

Pillows
Purses


You get the idea.  Slip knots by themselves can be tedious, but I like the end result.  That's true of just about anything.  One note at a time, my husband taught teenagers to become musicians.  One strand at a time, a friend made the hair on Toy Story 3  look amazing.   One command at a time, my son programs computers.  One laundry load, one meal, one mopped-floor at a time, a woman makes a home.  One hug, one scraped knee, one teaching moment at a time, parents build a family.  Nothing worthwhile happens all a once.  It takes time, commitment and determination to create an afghan, a home, a family, a nation.  Next time you're tired of the minutia of your life, just remember what you're really doing and take heart.










                            

1 comment: