Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spring

Now that it's officially summer, I want to rhapsodize about spring. I love seeing crocuses poke through the snow; going without a coat because it's 45 degrees out; smelling the rain. My favorite part of spring is it's unexpectedness. It's hot one day,back to winter the next. Wind springs up at a moment's notice. Our rose bushes were green with leaves one day and overnight became a riot of color. 


Our weeping flowering cherry tree looks like Cousin ITT from the Addams Family.


Our window box is growing a troll.


Everywhere you look, some unexpected new growth appears.

I love the unexpectedness of people too. It makes life more fun. My husband, trained as a classical clarinetist, enjoys country music. My three-year old, very girly granddaughter loves potty humor. A friend makes me stop and look at things in new ways and marvel at how her mind works.  My mechanic brother crochets in his spare time. 
       Cheiko Okazaki once said, "If we both though alike, one of us would be unneccessary." I have that posted in my house.   Just as spring is good for the soul after a long winter, so is the quirkiness that makes each of us human.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping something alive in my yard would be unexpected for me! The pics look great!!

    ReplyDelete