Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sorry

One of the things I love about my husband Larry is his willingness to admit when he's wrong and apologize. He doesn't rationalize or make excuses--he simple accepts responsibility for his mistakes and tries to make things right. That's really hard for me to do. I'm a master of excuses. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm afraid people won't like me anymore, or maybe it's a tidbit left over from my mom, who felt apologizing, especially to one's children, was a sign of weakness. Maybe I just don't want to admit how fallible I am. When Larry apologizes, people just appreciate him more, because they know he's sincere. That's got to be true of everyone else as well. So, for the record: No excuses, it's my fault, I apologize. (Did that sound sincere?)

1 comment:

  1. You must know a different version of you than I do. I've never known you to not appologize when it is warranted. Perhaps you're confusing the lack of ability with the lack of need.

    ReplyDelete