Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall in Utah

    Larry and I took a drive up to Park City today.  It was incredibly beautiful.  The sky was deep blue, fading to light blue at the horizon, with cotton-batting clouds making ever-changing shadows on the hills.  There were patches of dark green evergreen trees, surrounded by the light green deciduous trees that haven't changed yet, forming intricate quilt patterns.  Some hillsides were covered with the russets and golds of fall colors, others were still almost entirely green, with an occasional bright-orange tree in the spotlight.  Bridle Veil Falls looked gorgeous, surrounded by terraced gardens crafted by nature.  Deer Creek Reservoir's slate-gray waters were livened by dancing diamonds on the surface where the sunlight hit.  Bright yellow wild daisies lined the roads, and there were fields of acid green-yellow grasses, which provided contrast to the more sedate colors on the mountain slopes.  I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera, although I think stopping every five minutes to take pictures is frowned on anyway.  We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place.  We are also very blessed to have good roads on which to travel our beautiful canyons.  Every time I take a drive like this, I imagine what I would be feeling as a Pioneer, and give thanks that I'm not one.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous!! I want to take a trip up in our beautiful mountains!! It was neat looking at the rocks in St. George, but I really love the beautiful changing colors.

    ReplyDelete