Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Not Fair!

  One of the first full sentences a child learns is:  "It's not fair!"  Think about it.  It's not fair that I look more like my dad than my mom.  It's not fair that the only place I have thick hair is my eyebrows.  It's not fair that I was born without a hip, which made me klutzy, which makes me fall down a lot, which makes me break things, which makes me have to sit around eating bonbons and watching TV.  Life isn't fair!
  On the other hand:  If I look at the larger view, it isn't fair that I live in a comfortable home, with plenty of food and clothes.  It isn't fair that I have the world's best husband, five amazing children and thirteen incredible grandchildren.  It isn't fair that I live in a free country where I can say what I please and worship how I please.  It isn't fair that I have access to good medical care.  It isn't fair that I can look out my window and see beautiful mountains and clear blue skies (most days.)  The list goes on and on and on.
  No, life isn't fair.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment