Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grownups

    Last week my two-year-old granddaughter was doing a letter app on her mother's iPad.  She would carefully trace a letter, then jump up and down, shouting "I did it!"  This week we had a talent show with all 13 of our grandchildren.   We had singing, dancing, flute-playing, somersaults, roller-blading, bike-riding, card tricks, headstands,  cookie-making and ping-pong ball bouncing.  It was great fun.
   These two experiences made me reflect--when is it that we lose our excitement over a new skill?  When do talents other than the typical ones cease to be recognized as talents?  Shouldn't we as adults jump and down and shout "I did it!"  (at least mentally)  when we accomplish something?   I vote to do away with the blase, the ho-hum, the tedium of adulthood.  When we put away childish things, let's not throw away the childlike wonder of life as well.

1 comment:

  1. On Saturday I jumped onto my shopping cart and coasted about 100 yards through the Wal-Mart parking lot. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete