Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time to Consider

Thursday is the day--more surgery.  We hope it will make things better, but the doctor has to tell us everything that could possibly go wrong, including possible death.  Pretty sure that's not going to happen, but just the thought makes me contemplate my life.

I am incredibly blessed.  I feel surrounded by love.  I have amazingly talented, funny, caring children, and grandchildren who always make me smile.  I have a husband who is so good he should be translated.   I have friends who bring treats to reading group and take me anywhere I need to go.  I have the peace that comes from the gospel.  I can look out my window and see Timpanogos in all its seasons, or in the front, the colorful flowers in the window box.  On a less exalted level, I have my iPad to keep me from going crazy and we just got Netflix, so I can watch old TV shows when I can't sleep.

I can say without hesitation that I wouldn't trade my life, pain and all.  The good things are infinitely better than the bad things are bad.

1 comment:

  1. I love you more than I can say. I can't wait for this surgery to be over and done with and I am praying that it will give you some relief from the pain. Thank you for always being so strong and so positive.

    ReplyDelete