Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Rant

      I think purchased Halloween costumes should be banned.  Here we have a holiday tailor-made for exercising cleverness and creativity, and people head to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Halloween-Mart, etc. to take the easy way out.  By the time I see the 16th similar costume at my door, I want to shout, "No! no treats until you come back in a better costume!"  (Of course I would never say such a thing; it would be visiting the sins of the parents on the children.)  So what if you can't come up with anything?--that's what the internet is for.
   Our state government has done some wacky things lately--naming a state gun, trying to force people to vote, gerrymandering political districts, and planning to close state parks.  How about something worthwhile for a change?  Join me in a new crusade!  Write your state senator and representative! MANDATE CREATIVITY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would whole heartedly agree with you, but I was pretty relieved that my three little princesses wanted wings and skirts from the evil "W" and I didn't have to make them anything. I did make the other two costumes, plus mine and Joe's...

    I feel like I'm pleading my case. Ha ha ha..."Please give my kids candy when they come over...PLEASE!!"

    ReplyDelete